Key advantages for investors:
- The growing market for paid medical services, high effective demand for quality medical services.
- The appeal of the Moscow medical services market not only for Muscovites but also for residents of other Russian regions, especially for high-tech medical services.
- The potential opportunity to re-orientate the flow of outbound medical tourism (treatment at place of residence rather than abroad) with the prospect of inbound medical tourism.
- Availability of high quality workforce, programmes for professional training and re-training of staff.
- Advanced system of support measures for private investors.
- An opportunity to implement projects according to OECD standards as part of the Moscow Medical Cluster.
Structure of healthcare financing sources in Moscow in 2014-2018.
Key advantages for the city:
- Developing competition between private and public segments, rising quality and falling prices.
- Attracting foreign investors to the spheres of healthcare that are insufficiently developed in Moscow.
- Developing neighbourhood medicine with convenient working hours.
- Comprehensive reconstruction of existing facilities, enhancing access for Muscovites to the quality hi-tech services.
Areas for private investment:
- Providing hi-tech medical centres
- Creating facilities of the International Medical Cluster on the territory of the Skolkovo Innnovation Centre:
- Medical clinics (including a heart centre, an orthopaedics and trauma centre, a multi-profile rehabilitation centre, etc.)
- Scientific institutions and laboratories (pharmacy, medical technology)
- Educational establishments (including programmes for full-cycle education of physicians and medical personnel, clinical residency, advanced training, practical training of how to operate medical equipment, business education, etc.)
- Creating medical institutions close to places of education and work of city residents for providing primary medical care (Doctor Nearby programme).
- Preferential leasing of municipal property.
For the terms and results of the programme for preferential leasing of municipal property, follow the link.
- Federal Law dated 29 June 2015 No. 160-FZ “On the international medical cluster and amending certain legislative acts of the Russian Federation”.
- Resolution by the Moscow City Government dated 4 October 2011 No. 461-PP “On approving the State Programme of Moscow City “Developing the healthcare of the Moscow City (Metropolitan Healthcare) for the period of 2012 to 2020).
- Resolution by the Moscow City Government dated 24 December 2015 No. 949-PP “On the territorial programme of government guarantees of free medical services in Moscow for 2016.”
Under the Doctor Nearby programme
- Resolution by the Moscow City Government dated 25 February 2013 No. 100-PP “On implementing the Doctor Nearby pilot project”.
- Decree by the Moscow Healthcare Department dated 16 September 2013 No. 899 “On the procedure for collaboration between the medical institutions of the public system of healthcare of Moscow City with participants in the Doctor Nearby pilot project”.
- Decree by the Moscow Healthcare Department dated 16 September 2013 No. 898 “On the procedure for applying the preferential rent rate envisaged by Resolution of the Moscow City Government dated 25 February 2013 No. 100-PP ‘On implementing the Doctor Nearby pilot project’”.
If you have your own investment ideas or projects or you want more detailed information on existing Moscow investment projects, please contact the Moscow City Investment Agency.